- 3 cups cooked long grain rice
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the rice, 1/2 cup cheese, chilies, pimientos, milk, eggs, cumin, salt and pepper.
- Spoon into 12 greased muffin cups. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake at 400° for 15 minutes or until eggs are set. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Breakfast in a Cup in Country Woman March/April 1997, p35
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Breakfast in a Cup(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Apr. 28, 2010
Husband does not like chilies, so I left them out and substituted crumbled bacon instead. Even grandkids liked it.
More Recipe Collections
- Breakfast Casserole Recipes >
- Breakfast Egg Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Brunch Egg Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Country Woman Breakfast Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Country Woman Vegetarian Recipes >
- Egg Casserole Recipes >
- Egg Recipes >
- Eggs Recipes >
- Mother's Day Breakfast Recipes >