Breakfast Hash Recipe
"I was fixing a Western omelet form my husband while frying up potatoes in another pan," recalls Shirley Frank of Neponset, Illinois. "I cut up too many vegetables for the omelet and didn't want to waste them, so I added them to the potatoes. Everyone wanted a taste. Now I make this hash at least once a month."
- 6 small potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small green pepper, diced
- 1 small sweet red pepper, diced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- In a bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. In a large nonstick skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add potato mixture. Cook and stir for 15-16 minutes or until potatoes are lightly browned. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Breakfast Hash in Quick Cooking January/February 2004, p36
Reviews for Breakfast Hash(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review