Breakfast Ham Ring
This recipe is a dandy one to have on hand! You can make it ahead or make it and freeze it. It can also bake while you're attending church, then be ready for a brunch with friends afterward.
Our town's small...but it's full of community spirit! We have two boys in college and a girl in high school.
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 1-1/4 hours
- 10 eggs
- 1 pound ground fully cooked ham
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1-1/2 cups soft bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- In a large bowl, lightly beat 2 eggs. Add the ham, sausage, bread
- crumbs, milk, parsley and horseradish; mix well. Press into a
- greased 6-cup ring mold. Bake at 350° for 1-1/4 hours.
- Toward the end of the baking time, prepared scrambled eggs with
- remaining eggs, seasoning as desired. Remove ring from oven and
- drain juices; unmold onto a serving platter. Fill the center with
- scrambled eggs. Serve immediately. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 381 calories, 28 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 320 mg cholesterol, 1,099 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 24 g protein.
Wine: This recipe pairs well with a medium white wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Protea Chenin Blanc South Africa 2011. Honeysuckle and pear, with a hint of lemon, makes this perfect with any fish or chicken dish. Buy now