This recipe is a dandy one to have on hand! You can make it ahead or make it and freeze it. It can also bake while you're attending church, then be ready for a brunch with friends afterward. Our town's small...but it's full of community spirit! We have two boys in college and a girl in high school.
Recommended: Extra-Special Recipes for Breakfast in Bed
- 10 eggs
- 1 pound ground fully cooked ham
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1-1/2 cups soft bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- In a large bowl, lightly beat 2 eggs. Add the ham, sausage, bread crumbs, milk, parsley and horseradish; mix well. Press into a greased 6-cup ring mold. Bake at 350° for 1-1/4 hours.
- Toward the end of the baking time, prepared scrambled eggs with remaining eggs, seasoning as desired. Remove ring from oven and drain juices; unmold onto a serving platter. Fill the center with scrambled eggs. Serve immediately. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Breakfast Ham Ring in Country Woman March/April 1994, p31
Reviews for Breakfast Ham Ring
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 26, 2011
"the directions are are unclear, needs proofreading"
Reviewed Apr. 11, 2011
"I would make this recipie again but would substitute the ham with ground turkey. My husband is on a heart healthy diet and most hams contain too much sodium."