Breakfast Granola Recipe
This is one of my family's favorite breakfasts. I love to dress it up with fresh mint and golden kiwi. It gives them the energy they need to get through the days chores. —Wilma Beller, Hamilton, Ohio
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min. YIELD:16 servings
- 4 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/3 cup honey or molasses
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 3/4 cup uncooked oat bran cereal
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup chopped dates
- Yogurt and fresh fruit, optional
- 1. Spread rolled oats on a 15-in. x 10-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 5 minutes. Stir; bake 5 minutes longer or until toasted. Meanwhile, combine honey and oil in a small saucepan. Cook and stir over medium heat for 2-3 minutes or until heated through. Remove from the heat; stir in extract. Remove oats from oven; toss with nuts, bran and coconut.
- 2. Pour hot honey mixture over oat mixture; toss well. Return to oven and bake 20-25 minutes, stirring every 6 minutes. Remove from oven. Stir in raisins and dates. Cool. Store in an airtight container. Serve with yogurt and fresh fruit of your choice if desired. Yield: 8 cups.
1/2 cup equals 275 calories, 12 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 18 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC