- 4 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/3 cup honey or molasses
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 3/4 cup uncooked oat bran cereal
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup chopped dates
- Yogurt and fresh fruit, optional
- Spread rolled oats on a 15-in. x 10-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 5 minutes. Stir; bake 5 minutes longer or until toasted. Meanwhile, combine honey and oil in a small saucepan. Cook and stir over medium heat for 2-3 minutes or until heated through. Remove from the heat; stir in extract. Remove oats from oven; toss with nuts, bran and coconut.
- Pour hot honey mixture over oat mixture; toss well. Return to oven and bake 20-25 minutes, stirring every 6 minutes. Remove from oven. Stir in raisins and dates. Cool. Store in an airtight container. Serve with yogurt and fresh fruit of your choice if desired. Yield: 8 cups.
Reviews for Breakfast Granola
Sort By :
Wow, this sure was a good recipe for having so many arguments. I studied LOTS of granola recipes before I bought all of my ingredients because granola can be expensive to make. I used this one because it was very like many others. In studying, I learned that the oil is as important as every other ingredient because without it, you have a gooey mess. Anyway, this was a great recipe. It has all of the things that are important to me in cooking for my family... very low sodium, lots of room for substituting ingredients or adding them depending on what I have at home at the time.
Pretty tasty. Easy and fun to make with my kiddo.
Absolutely a 5 star. I added dried cherries and apricots as well. Really yummy