Breakfast Enchiladas Recipe
- 1/2 pound uncooked chorizo or spicy pork sausage
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 medium green pepper, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 3/4 cup shredded pepper Jack cheese, divided
- 2 cans (10 ounces each) enchilada sauce, divided
- 8 flour tortillas (8 inches), room temperature
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 1. Crumble chorizo into a large skillet; add onion and green pepper. Cook over medium heat for 6-8 minutes or until sausage is fully cooked; drain.
- 2. In another skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Add eggs; cook and stir until almost set. Remove from the heat; stir in the chorizo mixture and 1/3 cup of each cheese.
- 3. Spread 1/2 cup enchilada sauce into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Spread 2 tablespoons enchilada sauce over each tortilla; place 2 tablespoons egg mixture down the center. Roll up and place seam side down in prepared dish.
- 4. Pour remaining enchilada sauce over the top; sprinkle with remaining cheeses.
- 5. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with green onion. Yield: 8 servings.
1 enchilada equals 409 calories, 23 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 209 mg cholesterol, 1,177 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 21 g protein.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.