- 1/2 pound uncooked chorizo or spicy pork Johnsonville® Hot Ground Sausage
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 medium green pepper, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 3/4 cup shredded pepper Jack cheese, divided
- 2 cans (10 ounces each) enchilada sauce, divided
- 8 flour tortillas (8 inches), room temperature
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- Crumble chorizo into a large skillet; add onion and green pepper. Cook over medium heat for 6-8 minutes or until sausage is fully cooked; drain.
- In another skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Add eggs; cook and stir until almost set. Remove from the heat; stir in the chorizo mixture and 1/3 cup of each cheese.
- Spread 1/2 cup enchilada sauce into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Spread 2 tablespoons enchilada sauce over each tortilla; place 2 tablespoons egg mixture down the center. Roll up and place seam side down in prepared dish.
- Pour remaining enchilada sauce over the top; sprinkle with remaining cheeses.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with green onion. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Breakfast Enchiladas in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2011, p28
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Breakfast Enchiladas
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Breakfast Egg Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Brunch Egg Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Comfort Food Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Egg Recipes >
- Eggs Recipes >
- Enchiladas >
- Mexican Breakfast >