Breakfast Enchilada Bake Recipe
My sister gave me this fuss-free recipe for a hot hearty breakfast dish, and I can't tell you how many times I've used it for holiday brunch. I love it because it's full of flavor, fast and filling enough to hold us through Christmas Day.
- 2 cups chopped shaved deli ham
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1-1/4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-1/4 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 8 flour tortillas (6 inches)
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2-1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 to 3 drops hot pepper sauce
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In another bowl, combine the cheeses. Spoon about 1/4 cup of ham mixture off-center on each tortilla; sprinkle with 2 tablespoons cheese mixture. Fold sides and ends over filling and roll up. Place seam side down in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- 2. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, cream, flour, garlic powder, salt and hot pepper sauce. Pour over tortillas. Sprinkle with remaining ham mixture.
- 3. Cover and bake at 350° for 50 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining cheeses. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 427 calories, 26 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 245 mg cholesterol, 1,049 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 25 g protein.
Reviews for Breakfast Enchilada Bake
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC