- 2 cups chopped shaved deli ham
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1-1/4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-1/4 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 8 flour tortillas (6 inches)
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2-1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 to 3 drops hot pepper sauce
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In another bowl, combine the cheeses. Spoon about 1/4 cup of ham mixture off-center on each tortilla; sprinkle with 2 tablespoons cheese mixture. Fold sides and ends over filling and roll up. Place seam side down in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, cream, flour, garlic powder, salt and hot pepper sauce. Pour over tortillas. Sprinkle with remaining ham mixture.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 50 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining cheeses. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Breakfast Enchilada Bake in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2005, p16
Reviews for Breakfast Enchilada Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 17, 2009
"I made this for our coffee group's Christmas Brunch and everyone loved it - even those that do not like Mexican food."