Breakfast Eggs in Foil Bowls Recipe
Breakfast around the campfire couldn’t be easier with these clever breakfast bowls from Jennifer Meadows of Mattoon, Illinois. Filled with savory bacon, eggs, cheese and more, they’ll give your family a great start to a day outdoors!
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:3 servings
- 6 eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 4 frozen fully cooked breakfast sausage links, thawed and chopped
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1. Prepare grill for indirect medium heat.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk the first five ingredients. Pour into three 4-1/2-in. disposable foil tart pans coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with cheese, green pepper, sausage, bacon and onions.
- 3. Cover each pan with foil. Grill, covered, for 20-22 minutes or until eggs are completely set. Yield: 3 servings.
1 serving equals 346 calories, 26 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 466 mg cholesterol, 725 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 23 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC