My husband and I raise ducks, so I create recipes using lots of eggs. He especially likes this breakfast casserole with veggies grown in his garden. —Nancy Zimmerman, Cape May Court House, NJ
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 12 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt-free seasoning blend
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups shredded cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and red and green peppers; cook and stir 4-5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add mushrooms; cook 2-3 minutes or until tender. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, flour, baking powder and seasonings until blended. Stir in cheese and vegetable mixture. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, 30-35 minutes or until set. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Breakfast Egg Casserole in Simple & Delicious October/November 2015
Reviews for Breakfast Egg Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review