With a side of warmed ham and whole wheat toast, this custard makes for a satisfying breakfast.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 425°. In a large bowl, whisk the first seven
- ingredients. Stir in cheese. Pour into four buttered 4-oz. custard
- Place cups in a baking pan. Fill pan with boiling water to a depth of
- 1 in. Bake, uncovered, 15-20 minutes or until a knife inserted near
- the center comes out clean. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 215 calories, 17 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 251 mg cholesterol, 396 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 11 g protein.