- 4 Eggland's Best Eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large bowl, whisk the first seven ingredients. Stir in cheese. Pour into four buttered 4-oz. custard cups.
- Place cups in a baking pan. Fill pan with boiling water to a depth of 1 in. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 15-20 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Breakfast Custard in Country Woman March/April 1995, p35
Reviews for Breakfast Custard(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 27, 2013
This is a wonderful egg breakfast dish. My kids love it and ask me to make it all the time.
Reviewed Apr. 3, 2011
this was very good-light and fluffy. I made a 1/2 batch and it worked out fine. I'll try cutting down on the butter just to save a few calories next time.