- 4 Eggland's Best Eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 425°. In a large bowl, whisk the first seven ingredients. Stir in cheese. Pour into four buttered 4-oz. custard cups.
- Place cups in a baking pan. Fill pan with boiling water to a depth of 1 in. Bake, uncovered, 15-20 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Breakfast Custard(4)
Sort By :
I just recently discovered this recipe and have made it twice already. I prepare a brunch every Sunday for my husband and me, and this is a nice addition to the menu!
I cut the recipe in half and added sautéed onion, sliced carrots and jalapenos. I substituted shredded Swiss cheese for the cheddar cheese; and served it for dinner with veggie sausage links and toast. Delicious.
This is a wonderful egg breakfast dish. My kids love it and ask me to make it all the time.
this was very good-light and fluffy. I made a 1/2 batch and it worked out fine. I'll try cutting down on the butter just to save a few calories next time.