"After a long day of blackberry picking, I whipped up a sauce to dress up some crepes I had on hand," recalls Jennifer Weisbrodt in Oconomowoc, Wisconsin. "This speedy dish really hit the spot and tied everything together beautifully! The crepes make an elegant addition to any brunch, and the sauce is delectable over warm waffles."
- 1-1/2 cups fresh raspberries
- 1-1/2 cups fresh blackberries
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 carton (6 ounces) orange creme yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 8 prepared crepes (9 inches)
- In a large bowl, combine raspberries and blackberries; set aside. In a small bowl, combine sour cream and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Stir in the yogurt, lime juice, lime peel, vanilla and salt.
- Spread 2 tablespoons sour cream mixture over each crepe; top with about 1/3 cup berries. Roll up; drizzle with remaining sour cream mixture. Serve immediately. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Breakfast Crepes with Berries in Simple & Delicious May/June 2007, p35
Reviews for Breakfast Crepes with Berries
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review