Breakfast Cookies Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 10 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2 cups cornflakes
- 1/2 cup raisins
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg. Combine flour and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in bacon, cornflakes and raisins.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 15-18 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Breakfast Cookies(9)
Sort By :
These are pretty yummy. They were a little sweeter than I anticipated. I followed the suggestion to use applesauce (and they are soft), and I used dried cranberries instead of raisins. I told my bf about these, and he said, "It's not breakfast unless it has eggs and bacon!" I told him this has both!
Better than I expected, however, I don't see the need to refrigerate. Probably because of the bacon but think that is nonsense, and it would certainly ruin the crunchiness.
These started disappearing as soon as they came out of the oven, even without the bacon which I didn't have on hand at the time. Used a tad bit more flour to absorb the extra moisture from the margarine (also didn't have real butter on hand either!) and they came out fairly chewy. Baked up perfectly at 15 minutes. My only problem was removing them from the cookie sheet as they stuck like the dickens! Next time I'll use parchment paper and try it with the bacon. The cornflakes gave them a great crunch. Saved to my recipe box.
Going in my recipe box 4 sure!
Very good, but too crunchy, so 2nd time I used 1/2 cup of unsweetened applesauce instead of the 1/2 cup of butter. Makes them much softer. Very good. Will deffently try again.
More Recipe Collections
- Easy Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Mother's Day Breakfast Recipes >
- Simple Breakfast Recipes >
- Simple Desserts >
- Simple Quick Recipes >