"I like to make this quick breakfast treat because I don't have to lug out my big mixer," mentions Cheryl Palla from Cannon Falls, Minnesota. The cake's mild orange flavor is complemented by a tasty streusel topping.
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- STREUSEL TOPPING:
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- In a bowl, combine the dry ingredients. Combine egg, orange juice,
- oil, milk and orange peel; add to the dry ingredients just until
- combined. Pour into a greased 10-in. pie plate. For topping, combine
- sugar and flour in a bowl; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle
- over batter. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick
- inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 331 calories, 13 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 35 mg cholesterol, 436 mg sodium, 49 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.