"I like to make this quick breakfast treat because I don't have to lug out my big mixer," mentions Cheryl Palla from Cannon Falls, Minnesota. The cake's mild orange flavor is complemented by a tasty streusel topping.
Recommended: 22 Ways to Get More Carrot Cake in Your Life
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- STREUSEL TOPPING:
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- In a bowl, combine the dry ingredients. Combine egg, orange juice, oil, milk and orange peel; add to the dry ingredients just until combined. Pour into a greased 10-in. pie plate. For topping, combine sugar and flour in a bowl; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over batter. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Orange Coffee Cake in Quick Cooking December 2000, p36
Reviews for Breakfast Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 31, 2010
"A great recipe that whips up in no time and tastes wonderful!"