Breakfast Cake Mix Recipe
- 8-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 6 cups sugar
- 2 cups nonfat dry milk powder
- 1/4 cup baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2-1/2 cups shortening
- 3 cups raisins
- 3 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS (for each cake):
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup water
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, milk powder, baking powder and salt; cut in shortening until crumbly. Store in airtight containers in a cool dry place for up to 6 months. In a large bowl, combine the topping ingredients. Store in airtight containers in a cool dry place for up to 6 months. Yield: 7 batches (21 cups cake mix and 10-1/2 cups topping mix).
- 2. To prepare cake: In a large bowl, combine 3 cups breakfast cake mix, egg and water. Pour into a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Sprinkle with 1-1/2 cups topping mix. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 9 servings.
Editor's Note: Contents of cake mix may settle during storage. When preparing recipe, spoon mix into measuring cup.
1 piece: 348 calories, 13g fat (3g saturated fat), 48mg cholesterol, 173mg sodium, 54g carbohydrate (39g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.