Breakfast Cake Recipe
"I like to make this quick breakfast treat because I don't have to lug out my big mixer," mentions Cheryl Palla from Cannon Falls, Minnesota. The cake's mild orange flavor is complemented by a tasty streusel topping.
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- STREUSEL TOPPING:
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- In a bowl, combine the dry ingredients. Combine egg, orange juice, oil, milk and orange peel; add to the dry ingredients just until combined. Pour into a greased 10-in. pie plate. For topping, combine sugar and flour in a bowl; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over batter. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Orange Coffee Cake in Quick Cooking December 2000, p36
Reviews for Breakfast Cake(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 31, 2010
A great recipe that whips up in no time and tastes wonderful!