Breakfast Burritos Recipe
I discovered this different recipe at a workshop of holiday breakfasts offered at our church. It was a big hit! It works really well when you're cooking for a crowd. I like to serve salsa or hot sauce with them.
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen cubed hash brown potatoes
- 12 eggs
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 pound bulk pork sausage, browned and drained
- 12 flour tortillas (10 inches), warmed
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Salsa, optional
- 1. In a large skillet, fry hash browns according to package directions; remove and set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat eggs; add onions and green pepper. Pour into the same skillet; cook and stir until eggs are set. Remove from heat. Add hash browns and sausage; mix gently.
- 3. Place about 3/4 cup filling on each tortilla and top with about 1/4 cup cheese. Roll up and place on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until heated through. Serve with salsa if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 463 calories, 21 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 249 mg cholesterol, 715 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 21 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC