I discovered this different recipe at a workshop of holiday breakfasts offered at our church. It was a big hit! It works really well when you're cooking for a crowd. I like to serve salsa or hot sauce with them.
12 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen cubed hash brown potatoes
- 12 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 pound bulk pork sausage, browned and drained
- 12 flour tortillas (10 inches), warmed
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Salsa, optional
- In a large skillet, fry hash browns according to package directions;
- remove and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs; add onions and green pepper. Pour into
- the same skillet; cook and stir until eggs are set. Remove from
- heat. Add hash browns and sausage; mix gently.
- Place about 3/4 cup filling on each tortilla and top with about 1/4
- cup cheese. Roll up and place on a greased baking sheet. Bake at
- 350° for 15-20 minutes or until heated through. Serve with salsa
- if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 463 calories, 21 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 249 mg cholesterol, 715 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 21 g protein.