Breakfast Burritos with Sausage and Cheese Recipe
Get them up and out the door with these hearty handhelds. —Jenny White, Glen, Mississippi
- 1/4 pound bulk Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Sausage Roll
- 5 eggs
- 1/3 cup chopped tomato
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons canned chopped green chilies
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 5 slices process American cheese
- 5 flour tortillas (10 inches), warmed
- 1/2 cup chunky salsa
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1. In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
- 2. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, tomato, onion, chilies and pepper. Add to the skillet; cook and stir until set.
- 3. Place a cheese slice on each tortilla. Spoon filling off center on each tortilla. Top with salsa and sour cream. Fold sides and ends over filling and roll up. Yield: 5 servings.
1 burrito equals 456 calories, 22 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 249 mg cholesterol, 928 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 19 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC