Breakfast Burritos with Sausage and Cheese
Get them up and out the door with these hearty handhelds. —Jenny White, Glen, Mississippi
5 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/4 pound bulk pork sausage
- 5 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1/3 cup chopped tomato
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons canned chopped green chilies
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 5 slices process American cheese
- 5 flour tortillas (10 inches), warmed
- 1/2 cup chunky salsa
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer
- pink; drain.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, tomato, onion, chilies and pepper.
- Add to the skillet; cook and stir until set.
- Place a cheese slice on each tortilla. Spoon filling off center on
- each tortilla. Top with salsa and sour cream. Fold sides and ends
- over filling and roll up. Yield: 5 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 burrito equals 456 calories, 22 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 249 mg cholesterol, 928 mg sodium,