Get them up and out the door with these hearty handhelds. —Jenny White, Glen, Mississippi
- 1/4 pound bulk pork sausage
- 5 eggs
- 1/3 cup chopped tomato
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons canned chopped green chilies
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 5 slices process American cheese
- 5 flour tortillas (10 inches), warmed
- 1/2 cup chunky salsa
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, tomato, onion, chilies and pepper. Add to the skillet; cook and stir until set.
- Place a cheese slice on each tortilla. Spoon filling off center on each tortilla. Top with salsa and sour cream. Fold sides and ends over filling and roll up. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Breakfast Burritos in Simple & Delicious August/September 2010, p45
Reviews for Breakfast Burritos with Sausage and Cheese
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review