- 1/4 pound bulk Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Sausage Roll
- 5 eggs
- 1/3 cup chopped tomato
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons canned chopped green chilies
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 5 slices process American cheese
- 5 flour tortillas (10 inches), warmed
- 1/2 cup chunky salsa
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, tomato, onion, chilies and pepper. Add to the skillet; cook and stir until set.
- Place a cheese slice on each tortilla. Spoon filling off center on each tortilla. Top with salsa and sour cream. Fold sides and ends over filling and roll up. Yield: 5 servings.
Reviews for Breakfast Burritos with Sausage and Cheese
Sort By :
"I make these in advance and freeze them."
"I make a pretty close version of this. You can change the meat( use bacon or left over steak). and use your favorite sauted veggies. I've used onions & morel mushrooms with different cheeses. Create your own version( potatoes don't freeze well). wrap individually in plastic wrap & freeze. I thaw overnight in fridge before I brown on a skillet."
"Sounds good! Travlnman02-you shouldn't eat anything that has been "kept warm" for 6 hours! Make them, cool completely and then rewarm! I have made these for big groups and that works well."
"You need homemade salsa to start with.Fresh tomatoes, white onion, garlic cloves, seeded peppers of choice, cilantro, tomatillos, salt and Lemon Juice as a preservative. Cook the Sausage or Bacon seperately and drain, scramble the eggs, make hashbrowns and grate either Sharp Cheddar Cheese or Monterey Jack Chhese and then assemble according to tastes. When my children were young and we as a family would leave for a long trip I would make these and put them in an insulated chest in the car. I we were heading out to places like Las Vegas it took close to 11 hours to get thee so we left at 1:00 AM with them sleeping on the way. As daylight came they would wake up hungry and I would be out in the desert driving. The bag would open and they were the happiest bunch. The burritos also came in handy for school games and other long drives. Just wrap them in wax paper and foil, seperately. They stay warm for about 6 hours and or more and are even edible when they cool. Everything in the salsa goes in a blender to blend it together but leave it a little chunky when you finish."
"This is away mushy, and not much spice flavor, I would use hot sausage and mix a little Charizzo with it.good try but try again."