Breakfast Burritos for Two
Get them up and out the door with these hearty handhelds. —Jenny White, Glen, Mississippi
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 ounces bulk pork sausage
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons chopped tomato
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons canned chopped green chilies
- Dash pepper
- 2 slices process American cheese
- 2 flour tortillas (10 inches), warmed
- 3 tablespoons salsa
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer
- pink; drain. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, tomato, onion, chilies
- and pepper. Add to the skillet; cook and stir until set.
- Place a cheese slice on each tortilla. Spoon filling off center on
- each tortilla. Top with salsa and sour cream. Fold sides and ends
- over filling and roll up. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 burrito equals 464 calories, 23 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 250 mg cholesterol, 943 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 19 g protein.