My husband is big on eggs and bacon, so I wanted to merge his breakfast favorites with a grilled burger for a dinnertime treat. Topping it with my homemade blackberry jam sealed the deal. —Tina Janssen, Walworth, Wisconsin
Recommended: Handheld Recipes for Busy People On-The-Go
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Montreal steak seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened and divided
- 8 slices Texas toast
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2-1/2 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup seedless blackberry spreadable fruit
- 4 slices process American cheese
- 8 cooked Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips
- Combine ground beef, Worcestershire sauce, steak seasoning, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Shape into four 1/2-in.-thick patties. Grill burgers, covered, on a greased grill rack over medium heat 4-5 minutes on each side until a thermometer reads 160°. Meanwhile, spread 2 tablespoons butter over one side of Texas toast slices; grill with burgers until golden brown. Remove burgers and toast from heat; keep warm.
- Increase heat to high. In a large skillet on grill rack, heat oil. Drop hash browns by 1/2 cupfuls into oil; press to flatten. Sprinkle with remaining salt and pepper. Fry, covered, until golden brown on each side and crisp, 12-15 minutes, adding oil as needed. Remove and keep warm.
- Reduce heat to medium. In same skillet, heat remaining butter. Add eggs; fry over easy.
- To assemble, spread blackberry preserves over four slices of Texas toast. Layer each slice with one hash brown patty, one burger, one fried egg, one cheese slice and two bacon strips. Top with remaining toast slices. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Breakfast Burger in Taste of Home June/July 2017
Reviews for Breakfast Burger
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review