My grandmother taught me to bake these breakfast buns 70 years ago. Now my granddaughter makes them! This batter is like a biscuit dough and can be made up in a short time. There's no nicer way to wake up in the morning than to the aromas of biscuits baking and coffee perking!
16 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a bowl, stir together flour, 1/2 cup sugar and baking powder; cut
- in butter. Combine eggs, vanilla and milk; add to dry ingredients
- and stir just until moistened. Add raisins. Drop by tablespoonfuls
- onto greased baking sheet. Combine the cinnamon and remaining sugar;
- sprinkle over buns. Bake at 325° for 20-25 minutes or until
- light golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 16 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 154 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 33 mg cholesterol, 110 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.