- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons orange juice concentrate
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup Grape-Nuts cereal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a bowl, beat butter and orange juice. Add egg; mix well. Combine flour, sugar, cereal and baking powder; stir into butter mixture. Fold in bacon.
Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake 11-13 minutes or until edges are light brown. Store in the refrigerator.
Freeze option: Freeze cooled bundles in resealable plastic freezer bags. To use, bake bundles on an ungreased baking sheet in a preheated 350° oven until heated through. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Breakfast Bundles
Sort By :
"Easy, good, used bacon bits."
"I forgot to mention, I use the already prepared Hormel crumbled bacon in the can or plastic package. It needs to be refrigerated or frozen after opening but keeps a long time. It works great!"
"I have a recipe very similar to this one and make it rergularly. It is delicious. I made them and put them into packets of two for our animal shelter when they had a fund raiser dog walk. One cookie was for the dog and the other for the walker. They were very welcome."
"These look great and if you are concerned about bacon....try Coleman or Maverick Ranch Bacon both are grass fed and antiboitic hormone free so good CLA (fat) No nitrates/nitrites or sub it or leave it out!! A recipe is only an idea!! Enjoy!"
"I was reading this recipe and it sounded great until I got to the "bacon" and I just wasn't sure how that would taste? Someone make them and let us know-I am a bit scared to try this one!"