Getting kids to eat breakfast is a breeze when you offer them these little bundles of goodness packed with hearty ingredients. The recipe is simple so kids of all ages can help make them. —Bernice Williams, North Aurora, Illinois
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons orange juice concentrate
- 1 large egg
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup Grape-Nuts cereal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 pound bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a bowl, beat butter and orange juice. Add egg; mix well. Combine flour, sugar, cereal and baking powder; stir into butter mixture. Fold in bacon.
Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake 11-13 minutes or until edges are light brown. Store in the refrigerator.
Freeze option: Freeze cooled bundles in resealable plastic freezer bags. To use, bake bundles on an ungreased baking sheet in a preheated 350° oven until heated through. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Breakfast Bundles in Cookin' Up Country Breakfasts Cookbook 1994, p92
Reviews for Breakfast Bundles
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review