Getting kids to eat breakfast is a breeze when you offer them these little bundles of goodness packed with hearty ingredients. The recipe is simple so kids of all ages can help make them. —Bernice Williams, North Aurora, Illinois
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons orange juice concentrate
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup Grape-Nuts cereal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- In a bowl, beat butter and orange juice. Add egg; mix well. Combine
- flour, sugar, cereal and baking powder; stir into butter mixture.
- Fold in bacon.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at
- 350° for 11-13 minutes or until edges are lightly brown. Store
- in the refrigerator. Yield: 2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3 each) equals 341 calories, 17 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 65 mg cholesterol, 368 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein.