Breakfast Bundles Recipe
Getting kids to eat breakfast is a breeze when you offer them these little bundles of goodness packed with hearty ingredients. The recipe is simple so kids of all ages can help make them. —Bernice Williams, North Aurora, Illinois
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons orange juice concentrate
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup Grape-Nuts cereal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a bowl, beat butter and orange juice. Add egg; mix well. Combine flour, sugar, cereal and baking powder; stir into butter mixture. Fold in bacon.
Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake 11-13 minutes or until edges are light brown. Store in the refrigerator.
Freeze option: Freeze cooled bundles in resealable plastic freezer bags. To use, bake bundles on an ungreased baking sheet in a preheated 350° oven until heated through. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 serving (3 each) equals 341 calories, 17 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 65 mg cholesterol, 368 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC