Breakfast Bread Pudding
Alma Andrews of Live Oak, Florida notes, "I assemble this dish the day before our grandchildren visit, giving me more time for fun with them!"
6-8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling Bake: 40 min.
- 12 slices white bread
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 12 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Remove and discard crusts from bread; cut bread into cubes. Toss
- lightly with cream cheese cubes; place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in.
- baking pan. In a large bowl, beat eggs. Add milk, syrup and salt;
- mix well. Pour over bread mixture. Cover and refrigerate 8 hours or
- Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered,
- at 375° for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the
- center comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting. Yield:
- 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 383 calories, 21 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 359 mg cholesterol, 485 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 17 g protein.
Wine: Sparkling Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.