The best part about these creative and convenient bread bowls is that you can fill them with whatever you want. This is one of our favorite breakfasts. —Patrick Lavin, Jr., Birdsboro, Pennsylvania
Featured In: 26 Favorite Easter Brunch Ideas
- 1/2 cup chopped pancetta
- 4 crusty hard rolls (4 inches wide)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh mushrooms
- 4 large eggs
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded Gruyere or fontina cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small skillet, cook pancetta over medium heat until browned, stirring occasionally. Remove with a slotted spoon; drain on paper towels.
- Meanwhile, cut a thin slice off top of each roll. Hollow out bottom of roll, leaving a 1/2-in.-thick shell (save removed bread for another use); place shells on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Add mushrooms and pancetta to bread shells. Carefully break an egg into each; sprinkle eggs with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake 18-22 minutes or until egg whites are completely set and yolks begin to thicken but are not hard. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Breakfast Bread Bowls in Simple & Delicious December/January 2014
Reviews for Breakfast Bread Bowls
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 16, 2015
"Very tasty and this one is a keeper! Great idea!"
Reviewed Oct. 17, 2014
"Very nice, everyone enjoyed them."