Breakfast Bread Bowls
So creative and convenient, you'll wonder why you haven't been making these for years. And the best part is that you can customize the fillings to your liking as well as play with different combinations of seasonings.
4 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup chopped pancetta or bacon
- 4 crusty hard rolls (4 inch wide)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh mushrooms
- 4 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded Gruyere or fontina cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small skillet, cook pancetta over
- medium heat until browned, stirring occasionally. Remove with a
- slotted spoon; drain on paper towels.
- Meanwhile, cut a thin slice off top of each roll. Hollow out bottom
- of roll, leaving a 1/2-in.-thick shell (save removed bread for
- another use); place shells on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Add mushrooms and pancetta to bread shells. Carefully break an egg
- into each; sprinkle eggs with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake 18-22 minutes or until egg whites are completely set and yolks
- begin to thicken but are not hard. Yield: 4 servings.