Breakfast Blueberry Muffins Recipe
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Combine the egg, milk, oil and vanilla; add to the dry ingredients just until moistened. Gently fold in blueberries.
- Fill greased or paper-line muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 375° for 25-27 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 6 muffins.
Reviews for Breakfast Blueberry Muffins(9)
Sort By :
Very good muffins! And I don't feel that guilty eating them :) I only used 1/2 cup of sugar, substituted natural, no-sugar-added applesauce for the oil, and added a Tblsp of ground golden flax seed. I ended up with 8 muffins instead of 6 and my kids love them! Next time I think I will use cinnamon instead of nutmeg. I'm personally just not a big nutmeg flavor fan.
These muffins were very good, and not dry at all considering they contained whole wheat flour. This recipe has a LOT of blueberries, almost too many in my opinion, but an easy fix for next time.
Love this recipe! I doubled it and used just 1/2 cup of sugar. I also added a tablespoon of ground flax seed. Muffins were moist and light and freeze beautifully.