Breakfast Biscuit Cups Recipe
- 1/3 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 tablespoon King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon 2% milk, divided
- 1/2 cup frozen cubed hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 can (16.3 ounces) large refrigerated flaky biscuits
- 1/2 cup shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the flour, salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper until blended; gradually add 3/4 cup milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- In another large skillet over medium heat, cook potatoes in butter until tender. Whisk the eggs, garlic salt and remaining milk and pepper; add to skillet. Cook and stir until almost set.
- Press each biscuit onto the bottom and up the sides of eight ungreased muffin cups. Spoon the egg mixture, half of the cheese and sausage into cups; sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake at 375° for 18-22 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Breakfast Biscuit Cups(31)
Sort By :
These are a bit labor intensive (lots of steps) but not that hard to make. Next time, I'll try small biscuits. Going by the count and weight, it led me to Grands but using those made these pretty "bready". The ratio of bread to filling was off so next time, I'll try regular sized biscuits and probably make more of them and will need to adjust the baking time some, too but otherwise, we did like these! Oh and one other thing, trying to get those biscuits into the cups took me the most time. They kept springing back. Most annoying!
These are so good! I added onion, garlic & green chili's. They were a hit with my group!
These biscuit cups were a smash with my whole Christmas crowd!!! We had family visiting for the holidays so I wanted something different to try, these did the trick! But they were a little messy.
These are great!!! My daughter could not stop raving about them. They were a bit messy but tasted sssooo good.
I haven't tried this yet but will. bbeese, maybe it's the size of the muffin cup that gave you a problem. Sounds like you'd need a large cup to hold all the filling. Maybe try halving the biscuits for a smaller muffin cup. Just an idea.
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Potatoes >
- Breakfast Egg Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Brunch Egg Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Egg Recipes >
- Eggs Recipes >
- Mother's Day Breakfast Recipes >
- Pork Recipes >
- Potato Recipes >