Breakfast Biscuit Cups Recipe
The first time I made these biscuit cups, my husband and his assistant basketball coach came in as I was pulling them out of the oven. They loved them! —Debra Carlson, Columbus Junction, Iowa
- 1/3 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon 2% milk, divided
- 1/2 cup frozen cubed hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 can (16.3 ounces) large refrigerated flaky biscuits
- 1/2 cup shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the flour, salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper until blended; gradually add 3/4 cup milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- 2. In another large skillet over medium heat, cook potatoes in butter until tender. Whisk the eggs, garlic salt and remaining milk and pepper; add to skillet. Cook and stir until almost set.
- 3. Press each biscuit onto the bottom and up the sides of eight ungreased muffin cups. Spoon the egg mixture, half the cheese, and sausage into cups; sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- 4. Bake at 375° for 18-22 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan. Yield: 8 servings.
1 biscuit cup equals 303 calories, 18 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 72 mg cholesterol, 774 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 9 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC