Breakfast Banana Pancakes
“My daughter Karen created these pancakes and they've become a favorite at our house.” Make a batch on the weekend, cool, then freeze. Reheat in the microwave and top with yogurt or whipped topping before serving.
Peggy Gwillim - Strasbourg, Saskatchewan
5 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 small firm banana, finely chopped
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, baking soda, salt
- and cardamom. Combine the eggs, buttermilk, oil and vanilla; stir
- into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in banana.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a hot griddle coated with cooking
- spray. Turn when bubbles form on top; cook until second side is
- golden brown. Yield: 10 pancakes.
Nutritional Facts: 2 pancakes equals 342 calories, 9 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 89 mg cholesterol, 619 mg sodium, 53 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 11 g protein.