“My daughter Karen created these pancakes and they've become a favorite at our house.” Make a batch on the weekend, cool, then freeze. Reheat in the microwave and top with yogurt or whipped topping before serving. Peggy Gwillim - Strasbourg, Saskatchewan
Recommended: Our Best Pancake Recipes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 small firm banana, finely chopped
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, baking soda, salt and cardamom. Combine the eggs, buttermilk, oil and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in banana.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a hot griddle coated with cooking spray. Turn when bubbles form on top; cook until second side is golden brown. Yield: 10 pancakes.
Originally published as Banana Pancakes in Healthy Cooking February/March 2009, p47
Reviews for Breakfast Banana Pancakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 7, 2012
"The only thing that would make them better is adding chocolate chips!"
Reviewed Jan. 16, 2010
"This will be a regular in our menu for sure."