“My daughter Karen created these pancakes and they've become a favorite at our house.” Make a batch on the weekend, cool, then freeze. Reheat in the microwave and top with yogurt or whipped topping before serving. Peggy Gwillim - Strasbourg, Saskatchewan
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 small firm banana, finely chopped
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, baking soda, salt and cardamom. Combine the eggs, buttermilk, oil and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in banana.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a hot griddle coated with cooking spray. Turn when bubbles form on top; cook until second side is golden brown. Yield: 10 pancakes.
Originally published as Banana Pancakes in Healthy Cooking February/March 2009, p47
Reviews for Breakfast Banana Pancakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 7, 2012
"The only thing that would make them better is adding chocolate chips!"
Reviewed Jul. 20, 2011
"Awesome, easy, fast!"
Reviewed Jan. 16, 2010
"This will be a regular in our menu for sure."