I have handed out this recipe to more people than any other. It has a delicious nutty flavor. Use it to top waffles or pancakes...or mix with vanilla or plain yogurt for a light and quick dessert.
20 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Cook: 3 hours
- 8 baking apples (about 3-1/2 pounds), peeled and sliced
- 1/2 to 1 cup chopped pecans
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup old-fashioned oats
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Combine all ingredients in a 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker. Cook on high heat
- for 3 hours, stirring occasionally. Serve warm with waffles,
- pancakes or yogurt. Yield: 5 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/4 cup) equals 133 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 47 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein.