I have handed out this recipe to more people than any other. It has a delicious nutty flavor. Use it to top waffles or pancakes...or mix with vanilla or plain yogurt for a light and quick dessert.
- 8 baking apples (about 3-1/2 pounds), peeled and sliced
- 1/2 to 1 cup chopped pecans
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup old-fashioned oats
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Combine all ingredients in a 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker. Cook on high heat for 3 hours, stirring occasionally. Serve warm with waffles, pancakes or yogurt. Yield: 5 cups.
Originally published as Breakfast Apples in Bountiful Harvest Cookbook 1994, p73
Reviews for Breakfast Apples
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 7, 2010
"This recipe really delivers on the promised that it is delicous. I love the slow cooker too. Who wants to have to hang out in the kitchen all day and stir? I used brown sugar in place of regular sugar."