I have handed out this recipe to more people than any other. It has a delicious nutty flavor. Use it to top waffles or pancakes...or mix with vanilla or plain yogurt for a light and quick dessert.
- 8 baking apples (about 3-1/2 pounds), peeled and sliced
- 1/2 to 1 cup chopped pecans
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup old-fashioned oats
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Combine all ingredients in a 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker. Cook on high heat for 3 hours, stirring occasionally. Serve warm with waffles, pancakes or yogurt. Yield: 5 cups.
Originally published as Breakfast Apples in Bountiful Harvest Cookbook 1994, p73
Reviews for Breakfast Apples
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 7, 2010
"This recipe really delivers on the promised that it is delicous. I love the slow cooker too. Who wants to have to hang out in the kitchen all day and stir? I used brown sugar in place of regular sugar."