Break-Apart Cookie Bites
These crisp treats lend a different shape to a cookie tray. And they're easy to prepare— just press into a pan, bake and break. My family enjoys them during the holidays and all year long.
51 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts, divided
- In a bowl, cream butter, shortening and sugar. Beat in vanilla.
- Combine flour and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in
- chocolate chips and 3/4 cup walnuts. Spread into a greased 15-in. x
- 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with remaining nuts; press down
- gently. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool completely. Break into pieces. Yield: about 8-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 97 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 65 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.