Breadsticks with Parmesan Butter Recipe
- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup sugar, divided
- 2 cups warm water (110° to 115°), divided
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4-1/2 to 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1. In a large bowl, dissolve yeast and 1 tablespoon sugar in 1 cup warm water. Add the oil, egg, salt, 2 cups flour, and remaining sugar and water. Beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- 2. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 40 minutes.
- 3. Punch the dough down. Turn onto a floured surface; divide into 36 pieces. Shape each piece into a 6-in. rope. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 25 minutes.
- 4. Bake at 400° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, cream the butter, Parmesan cheese and garlic powder. Serve with breadsticks. Yield: 3 dozen breadsticks and about 2/3 cup butter.
1 serving (1 each) equals 104 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 99 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Breadsticks with Parmesan Butter
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.