Breadsticks with Parmesan Butter Recipe
- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup sugar, divided
- 2 cups warm water (110° to 115°), divided
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4-1/2 to 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast and 1 tablespoon sugar in 1 cup warm water. Add the oil, egg, salt, 2 cups flour, and remaining sugar and water. Beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 40 minutes.
- Punch the dough down. Turn onto a floured surface; divide into 36 pieces. Shape each piece into a 6-in. rope. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 25 minutes.
- Bake at 400° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, cream the butter, Parmesan cheese and garlic powder. Serve with breadsticks. Yield: 3 dozen breadsticks and about 2/3 cup butter.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Breadsticks with Parmesan Butter(6)
Sort By :
Delicious. I didn't bother with making the butter -- just brushed melted butter on the hot breadsticks and then dusted with parmesan. These were a little sweeter than I expected a savory breadstick to be, and could probably have worked just as well with a sweet topping.
these breadsticks are wonderful! so soft and fluffy, everyone that tried them loved them.
This is a favorite in our home. I have made these several times because they are a very easy to make bread recipe. I had made the dough one night I was going to serve the breadsticks to company. The weather turned icy and my company couldn't make it. The dough had risen and it makes a lot of sticks. So I thought I would try and make a couple of pizza's out of it instead. Oh my gosh it made a fantasic pizza crust as well. What a tasty and versatile bread recipe. I continue to use this as my pizza dough now. We make this about once a month now and have for years. This recipe will make 3 pizza's. I let it rise punch it down, spread it on the pizza stones with a little cornmeal sprinkle with spices and par bake the crust for about 10 minutes before adding the toppings. Then we add the toppings, bake 1 and freeze 2. It is the best homemade pizza ever!
Best breadsticks I have ever made and I have tried many recipes. I will not have to try any more because this is the one! Instead of serving with the garlic butter, I spread the butter on top of the breadsticks when they first came out of the oven and then sprinkle with garlic salt and Parmesan cheese.
Tried these and loved them!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Appetizers >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bread Appetizers >
- Bread Baking >
- Bread Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Italian Appetizers >