Breadsticks Jenga Recipe
These breadsticks have little oil, so it's quite nice for anyone keeping an eye on fat intake. A dear friend gave me the recipe. —Lise Thomson, Magrath, Alberta
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1-1/4 cups warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3-1/4 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1. In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the oil, sugar, salt and 2 cups flour. Beat on medium speed for 3 minutes or until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough (dough will be sticky).
- 2. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- 3. Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide into fourths. Cut each portion into eight pieces; roll each into a 5-in. rope. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- 4. Beat egg yolk and water; brush over breadsticks. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- 5. To build game tower, place three breadsticks about 1/2 in. apart and parallel to each other on a serving board. Stack three breadsticks at right angles to the previous layer; repeat layers six times. Serve remaining breadsticks separately. Yield: 32 breadsticks.
1 serving (2 each) equals 126 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 149 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Breadsticks Jenga
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC