Breadsticks for Two Recipe
This is a great recipe for just a small portion size. It has a wonderful flavor with Parmesan cheese and basil.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon water
- 4 frozen bread dough dinner rolls, thawed
- 1. In a shallow dish, combine the cheese, basil and garlic powder. In a small bowl, whisk egg white and water. Roll each dough ball into an 8-in. rope. Dip in egg mixture, then roll in cheese mixture. Twist each rope three or four times.
- 2. Place on a greased baking sheet. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 20 minutes. Bake at 350° for 12-16 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 4 breadsticks.
1 breadstick equals 132 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 313 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC