Breadsticks for Two
This is a great recipe for just a small portion size. It has a wonderful flavor with Parmesan cheese and basil.Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
4 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + rising Bake: 15 min.
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon water
- 4 frozen bread dough dinner rolls, thawed
- In a shallow dish, combine the cheese, basil and garlic powder. In a
- small bowl, whisk egg white and water. Roll each dough ball into an
- 8-in. rope. Dip in egg mixture, then roll in cheese mixture. Twist
- each rope three or four times.
- Place on a greased baking sheet. Cover and let rise in a warm place
- until doubled, about 20 minutes. Bake at 350° for 12-16 minutes
- or until golden brown. Yield: 4 breadsticks.
Nutritional Facts: 1 breadstick equals 132 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 313 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.