Breadstick Pizza Recipe
- 2 tubes (11 ounces each) refrigerated breadsticks
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 medium green peppers, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning, divided
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 5 ounces Canadian bacon, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Marinara sauce
- 1. Unroll breadsticks into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of pan; pinch seams to seal. Bake at 350° for 6-8 minutes or until set.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the mushrooms, peppers, onion and 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning in 2 teaspoons oil until crisp-tender; drain.
- 3. Brush crust with remaining oil. Sprinkle with 3/4 cup cheddar cheese; top with vegetable mixture and Canadian bacon. Combine mozzarella cheese and remaining cheddar cheese; sprinkle over top. Sprinkle with remaining Italian seasoning.
- 4. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until cheese is melted and crust is golden brown. Serve with marinara sauce. Yield: 12 servings.
1 piece (calculated without marinara sauce) equals 267 calories, 11 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 638 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 13 g protein.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.