Breadstick Braids Recipe
These tender, flavorful bread sticks are not only pretty; they taste every bit like they were made from scratch. It’s a very nice use of a frozen dough product and of course, very convenient.
- 4 frozen bread dough dinner rolls, thawed
- 2 tablespoons beaten egg
- 1 teaspoon poppy, sesame and/or caraway seeds
- 1. Cut a dinner roll into three pieces; roll each piece into a 9-in. rope. Place three ropes together; braid. Pinch ends to seal and tuck under. Repeat with remaining ropes.
- 2. Place 2 in. apart on a greased baking sheet. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 20 minutes. Brush breadsticks with egg; sprinkle with seeds.
- 3. Bake at 375° for 10-14 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 4 breadsticks.
1 each: 109 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 204mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Breadstick Braids
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC