Breaded Tomato Slices Recipe
Rounding out the meal are Breaded Tomato Slices. Garden-fresh tomatoes are sliced, breaded and browned in a skillet for a flavorful change of pace. "They're crunchy and well seasoned," she adds. "The mozzarella cheese perfectly complements the simple, tasty coating."
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped green onion
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup milk
- 4 medium tomatoes, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. In a shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, onion, Parmesan cheese, salt and Italian seasoning. Place milk in another bowl. Dip tomato slices in milk, then coat with crumb mixture.
- 2. In a large skillet, heat oil. Fry tomato slices for 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup: 126 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 590mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein
Reviews for Breaded Tomato Slices
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC