Breaded Stuffed Chicken Breasts Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 cup diced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup diced green pepper
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 2 cups crushed cornflakes
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1. Pound chicken breasts to 1/4-in. thickness and set aside. In a saucepan, combine mushrooms, green pepper, onion, garlic and broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 3 minutes. Remove from the heat; add rice. Mix well and set aside. Combine cornflakes, garlic powder and cayenne pepper; mix well. set aside. Spoon a fourth of the rice mixture onto the center of each chicken breast. Fold chicken around rice mixture; seal with toothpicks. Dip chicken in milk. Coat all sides with cornflake mixture. Place chicken in a shallow baking dish that has been coated with cooking spray. Spray top of chicken with cooking spray. Bake at 375° for 55-60 minutes or until juices run clear. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Analysis: One chicken equals 399 calories, 572 mg sodium, 74 mg cholesterol, 55 gm carbohydrate, 34 gm protein, 4 gm fat. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 3 lean meat, 1 vegetable.