This homespun, stick-to-your-ribs steak supper was always a favorite with us kids. Mom coated tender steaks with lightly seasoned bread crumbs and fried them in oil until golden brown.
-Gina Mueller, Converse, Texas
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 pounds beef top sirloin tip steaks
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (15 ounces) seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- Flatten steaks to 1/2-in. thickness. Cut into serving-size pieces;
- set aside. Place flour in a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl,
- combine eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Place bread crumbs in a third
- shallow bowl. Coat steaks with flour, then dip into egg mixture and
- coat with crumbs.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook steaks in oil for 2-3
- minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness. Yield:
- 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (4 ounces) equals 478 calories, 18 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 120 mg cholesterol, 968 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 32 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a