Breaded Steaks Recipe
- 2 pounds beef top sirloin tip steaks
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (15 ounces) seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1. Flatten steaks to 1/2-in. thickness. Cut into serving-size pieces; set aside. Place flour in a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, combine eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Place bread crumbs in a third shallow bowl. Coat steaks with flour, then dip into egg mixture and coat with crumbs.
- 2. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook steaks in oil for 2-3 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (4 ounces) equals 478 calories, 18 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 120 mg cholesterol, 968 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 32 g protein.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.