Breaded Steaks Recipe
- 2 pounds beef top sirloin tip steaks
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (15 ounces) seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1. Flatten steaks to 1/2-in. thickness. Cut into serving-size pieces; set aside. Place flour in a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, combine eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Place bread crumbs in a third shallow bowl. Coat steaks with flour, then dip into egg mixture and coat with crumbs.
- 2. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook steaks in oil for 2-3 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness. Yield: 8 servings.
4 ounce-weight: 478 calories, 18g fat (4g saturated fat), 120mg cholesterol, 968mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 32g protein
Reviews for Breaded Steaks
"loved it, but for people who don't like your steaks a little pink and a bit bloody cook 5-6 minutes on each side"
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.