- 2 pounds beef top sirloin tip steaks
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (15 ounces) seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- Flatten steaks to 1/2-in. thickness. Cut into serving-size pieces; set aside. Place flour in a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, combine eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Place bread crumbs in a third shallow bowl. Coat steaks with flour, then dip into egg mixture and coat with crumbs.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook steaks in oil for 2-3 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Breaded Steaks in Taste of Home October/November 2000, p35
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Breaded Steaks
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 21, 2013
Reviewed Aug. 2, 2011
"loved it, but for people who don't like your steaks a little pink and a bit bloody cook 5-6 minutes on each side"